The City of Dania Beach and the Dania Beach CRA are committed to sustainability and energy efficiency. As a priority, the City and CRA have incorporated the latest green construction methods and technologies into its development and redevelopment projects. Examples of Dania Beach’s commitment to green technologies include:
- City Center Parking Garage – features include rainwater recapture for irrigation, Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations, high efficiency LED lights.
- Solar Street Lighting Project – the City and CRA are incrementally replacing street lighting throughout the City with LED solar pavers.
- The Dania Beach Nano-filtration Water Treatment Plant is the first LEED Gold Certified Water Plant in the world.
- Local food system through the Dania Beach PATCH.
- Recycling and Waste Management
In 2010 the Smart Growth Partnership , a Southeast Florida Initiative recognized the City of Dania Beach with its Excellence Award, as South Florida’s first Smart City.
Click here to read more about the City of Dania Beach Water LEED Gold Water Treatment Plant.